Freebie days are over for Reliance Jio customers! The mega offcers launched 6 months ago will become a paid service from April 1, 2017. The announcement was made by RIL chairman Mukesh Ambani on Monday. All existing subscribers will be offered Reliance Jio Prime. So, what do you get under the new plan? Read on.
1. Jio services become paid from April 1, 2017
2. You have to pay a membership fee for Jio Prime: It is Rs 99 per year.
3. Monthly flat charges of Rs 303: If you want to enjoy the benefits of the ‘Happy New Year’ offer, you have to subscribe Rs 303 per month offer.
4. All existing Jio subscribers will have to enroll for Jio Prime: There is no automatic movement as was done in the ‘Happy New Year’ offer to the (Welcome offer). So, you will have to manually subscribe to the new subscription plan. In simple terms – all existing users of Reliance Jio must subscribe to Jio Prime (see point 2 for the price).
5. Enrollment for Jio Prime starts on March 1, 2017: The company said more plans will be announced exclusively for Jio Prime members and the details are expected to be available on My Jio app.
6. The last date of enrollment for Jio Prime member is March 31 2017: All existing Jio users will be able to enroll via MyJio app or you can log into Jio’s website to do the same. You can also register at your local Jio stores.
7. Jio Prime scheme is only for “existing Jio” customers: The Jio Prime scheme is for existing Jio customers only and for those who had enroll for Jio plan before March 31, 2017.
8. Voice/SMS FREE under Jio Prime: All domestic calls to any network (including Airtel, Aircel, etc) and SMSes will remain free.
9. There is no roaming charge for Jio Prime customers.
10. FREE 4G DATA up to 1GB: There’s daily Fair Usage Point limit of 1GB for data service. After 1GB, Jio customers can still use unlimited data for free, but at reduced speed of 128 kbps.
If you found this post helpful, please share the link with your friends and do post your comments and reactions in the comment box below.