News25 Comments

default thumbnail

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi today launched MyGov app for citizens to have discussions and to directly submit their grievances to the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO). The app is part of the MyGov’s website. You can download from Google Play for Android.

mygov mobile app

The MyGov web portal was launched on July 26, 2014 as a part of the NDA’s Digital India campaign.

The MyGov app have features like groups and discussions for Girl Child Education, specially-abled, Clean Ganga, Food Security and many others.

So far, the MyGov portal claims to have as many as 3.52 million registered users, over 1,82,000 submissions and about 3.40 million comments on various issues.

OUR COMPLAINTS

The app is pretty good – very neat layout with cool features, but we have some complaints. These are: –

1. Login issue after registration. You have to try at least a couple of times before it logs you in.
  2. Oh NO, the Ads again! We never expect commercials or ads in government apps.Do you?
  3. It always crash when we tap on ‘Skins’option.
  4. Hitting back button prompts to exiting/closing the app instead of sending us back to the main page.
  5. Available only for Android Phones.

25 Comments on this article

• Deepak Rai August 6, 2016

Buggy App. Unable to login. Dear developers at least reply and fix few major bugs. I downloaded this app by looking an ad in my android phone. And i can see it is not ready for the launch. And you launched this buggy app without testing. Do not defame our developer community and more important do not defame our Indian govt. I know govt invest crores of money for a small app(which could be developed in within 5 Lacs). Just value govt’s money and improve user interactiveness.

• Deepak Tiwari August 6, 2016

WTF… useless app Even I am not able to login in this app… this useless app gives msg… plz read this and fix.. {“error”:”invalid_client”,”error_description”:”The client id supplied is invalid”} and for your kind information .. when i am login with browser my id is working and when i use this app this error msg occured … don’t tell we try to fix this prob.. plz provide your mail id.. login id etc. etc.. if u r able to fix it plz fix otherwise plz delete this app.. dont spoil the name of great man “Narendra Modi”

• Prasanth Hali August 6, 2016

A National shame? I wonder why the Government introduced such an app… IT IS NOT WORKING… Is it intended to tarnish the image of the Government? I tried all options to log in, but terribly failed!!! Kindly withdraw the app from Playstore, fix it and then reintroduce… It is a great shame for the country !

• Manish Yadav August 6, 2016

Feel Pity on developer of this app. I think i have to wait 5 more years to login. This is the country which gives more engineer software developers but still cant develope an app for country. I request you remove this app n developers too. Login Problem,UI is not so good.

• Ninad S August 6, 2016

As expected The login experience is disastrous. At first it hangs while the registration process right before I have to enter a new password. Then it asks me if I’ve forgotten the password. Sends me a link to reset the password and says this account is already registered, would you like to reset it? It is completely ridiculous.

• Rakesh Raki August 6, 2016

Great Idea It’s very good to see an app created by Indian Govt for Citizens participation. I really like this great App. But UI of this app is not so great. UI is very rugged… All categories r congested .plz improve the app UI. And plz Promote the app ,so that many people will participate in this great Idea of Citizens Participation..

• Abishek R August 6, 2016

Unable to login Please make the login method as easy as signing up in other apps by allowing to sign in through Google. The only other thing it will ask next is to allow or deny some things in the further dialog boxes

• Akash Patel August 6, 2016

Did devs even tested this? First on app start something went wrong msg, then tried google login, it failed & error json printed on page. India had so many good developers even I am one of them. But this is shame for us. Who gives contract for such app to poor company?

• Satnam Singh August 6, 2016

Unable to login This error is coming with a valid id {“error”:”invalid_client”,”error_description”:”The client id supplied is invalid”}. Please fix it. Its not even giving any second try to log in. Same error is showing while pressing the log in button. The app is unable to access the structured database and validate the entered log in details. It seems the validation is not properly written. This won’t take much time to fix. Please test properly before rolling out the fix. Waiting for the fix to correct my rating.

• Prakash August 6, 2016

Idea behind the app is good. But.. What the hell? I’m not able to login to the app. I tried different ways to sign up and login. It appears that I’m able to sign up but I’m not able to login. It only brings more and more hatred towards the Govt- when we come across such situations. Is there anywhere that the Govt is good at?

• PN Mathur August 6, 2016

Buggy as sh*t Heard about this app in the program that took place by the government. I think the government forgot that beside the fact that having an idea is only one thing and implementation is another. The team that created this app tried, but still they can’t refuse the fact that this app is REALLY buggy. First things first u can’t login to this app. It Is just impossible. But if u are able to login and start using this app, then it will not be able to work as it is REALLY buggy. Shame for the country

• SK Gard August 6, 2016

Waste App The app show wrong Geo setting. It’s very hard to see the Asia / Kolkata in the list. Also not saving the Geo setting. Ultimately I uninstalled this app. Looks it is developed by an inexperienced company. It’s my opinion that the concerned govt officers has taken bribe from this incompetent developer company. Both should be punished for delivering such a useless app.

• Abishek Sharma August 6, 2016

For the developers Hello Kind Developers, I know you won’t respond nor would you even see this because I get the idea from the other comments, still I do my responsibility by writing back. I HAVE PROBLEM LOGGING IN, AS DOES EVERYONE ELSE WHO WROTE IN THE COMMENTS SECTION, SO REMOVE THAT BUG. A person shouldn’t be this lazy for his work. Either do it right or don’t do it, dont be a part of the cliché that Indians are knowingly lazy. Take a step and improve it. Lastly I call you a Douchebag and hope you would improve it.

• S Merchant August 6, 2016

Extremely pathetic app I have seen in recent times…. Mr.modi. I am one of the biggest supporter of yours who has always appreciated your exceptional and excellent initiatives. Unfortunately this app is one of the worst initiatives of all times. The app does not work for nuts and is a sheer waste of time ….the one person who approved it for roll out should lose his job. He does not deserve it. I am sure you can find better people than this in India……

• mahesh dwenidi August 6, 2016

Worthless app.and good for nothing developper The worst app.Are you arrogant,or complacent or not concerned with the problem of users.Why do you develop such useless app and befool us?I always find difficulty in logging in and the shameless developer never cared to read responses.

• indy sarkar August 6, 2016

Full of bugs Tried to log in. Lots of bugs in the app. Failed to connect a number of times with lots of run-time error messages. Great idea but needs to work.

• Avinash Pandey August 6, 2016

Great initiative – pathetic implementation This app has bugs and we can not login using our Gmail ID..hence rendered useless..The web page version is much better..Is anybody listening?

• Moumita Biswa August 6, 2016

Good idea but Bad app I appreciate the idea of introducing an app to connect to the people.. But the effort should be full proof…. Dear PM Sir, you should engage some expert to develop the best app. So that citizens may actually connect to their government ….

• Neha Mangal August 6, 2016

Solve the login problem The app content and idea is appreciable but solve the login problem so that the sole purposes of this initiative can be realised… Participation!

• Sobhana September 2, 2017

Always there is a error while i try to login my gov app

• Bhagwan Sahay December 6, 2017

• Usha sri December 29, 2017

Login issue after registration. Even after trying for a couple of times i am unable to log in .i am fed up with this u need to check it out once.its showing error.gives msg… plz read this and fix.. {“error”:”invalid_client”,”error_description”:”The client id supplied is invalid”} and for your kind information .. when i am login with browser my id is working and when i use this app this error msg occured … don’t tell we try to fix this prob.. plz provide your mail id.. login id etc. etc.. if u r able to fix it plz fix

• Usha sri December 29, 2017

Even after trying for a couple of times i am unable to log in after registration .i am fed up with this u need to check it out once.its showing error.gives msg… plz read this and fix.. {“error”:”invalid_client”,”error_description”:”The client id supplied is invalid”} ,when i am login with browser my id is working and when i use this app this error msg occured … don’t tell we try to fix this prob.. plz provide your mail id.. login id etc. etc.. if u r able to fix it plz fix

• Ankaj Kumar January 6, 2018